IPSO candidates/ ApsaA
Friday, March 8, 2013
- 4:30-4:45pm Registration
- 4:45-5:30pm Opening Reception
- 5:30-5:45pm Welcoming Remarks by: Deisy Cristina Boscán, Ph.D. (IPSO Vice-President for North America), Lee Jaffe, Ph.D. (President of the San Diego Psychoanalytic Center - SDPC).
- 5:45-8:30pm Friday Evening Session, chaired by Nadine Levinson, D.D.S.
- 5:45-6:30pm “Going out on a Limb” by Carlos E. Almeida, M.D.
- 6:30-8:00pm Discussion by Peter Fonagy, Ph.D., Virginia Ungar, M.D., and Daniel Jacobs, M.D.
- 8:00-8:30pm Audience discussion
Saturday March 9, 2013
- 8:30-8:45am Registration and coffee
- 8:45am-12:30pm Saturday Morning Session, chaired by Lee Jaffe, Ph.D.
- 9:00-9:45am “Becoming a Real Boy” by Holly Johnston, Ph.D.
- 9:45-10:30am “Trauma and Self-Discovery” by Barbara Moschaber, Ph.D.
- 10:30-10:45am Coffee Break
- 10:45am-12:00pm Discussion by Peter Fonagy, Ph.D., Virginia Ungar, M.D., and Daniel Jacobs, M.D.
- 12:00-12:30pm Audience discussion
- 12:30-1:30pm Lunch Break (lunch on your own)
- 1:30pm Saturday Afternoon Session, chaired by Alan Sugarman, Ph.D.
- 1:30-2:10pm “Where to go from here? What to Expect in the Middle Phase of Analysis?” by Cuneyt Iscan, M.D.
- 2:10-3:30pm Discussion by Peter Fonagy, Ph.D., Virginia Ungar, M.D. and Daniel Jacobs, M.D.
- 3:30-3:45pm Audience discussion
- 3:45-4:00pm Closing Summary by Alan Sugarman, Ph.D.
- 4:00-4:30pm Audience discussion
- 4:30pm Adjournment
The best way for reserving rooms is at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, ask for the UCSD discounted rate*:
- Call Toll-Free: 1-866-500-0335
- Phone Number: (858) 453 5500
- Visit: www.sheratonlajolla.com/UCSD
University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine
- Auditorium at the Medical Education Telemedicine Building MET
- Complimentary Parking will be available at parking lot P604
- Formulate the clinical handling of a child and adult cases from North American, European and Latin American perspectives.
- Identify and discuss the impact of different cultural perspectives on the analytic process of several different presentations from different regions.
- Assess the applicability of the above perspectives in their own clinical practice, keeping in mind the complexity of psychoanalytic process.
- Cultural and Linguistic Competency goal: Discuss the effect of language and culture on the analytic process of child and adult cases. Integrate cultural factors in
- Peter Fonagy, Ph.D. (United Kingdom)
- Daniel Jacobs, M.D. (United States)
- Virginia Ungar, M.D. (Argentina)
- Moderator/Session Chair:
- Alan Sugarman, Ph.D.
- Lee S. Jaffe, Ph.D.
- Nadine A. Levinson, D.D.S.
- Carlos Almeida, M.D.
- Cuneyt Iscan, M.D.
- Holly Johnston, Ph.D.
- Barbara Mosbacher, Ph.D.
Deisy C. Boscán, Ph.D. (IPSO Vice-President, North America)