This conference is for clinicians and students interested in child psychoanalysis and child psychoanalytic psychotherapy. Clinicians from the western institutes affiliated with the American Psychoanalytic Association will discuss issues related to child and adolescent psychoanalysis using clinical material from several different cases.
For additional information on registration, or to register, please contact the administrator at SDPC, Michelle Spencer, at 619 454 3102 (email@example.com).
If you are interested in attending a dinner with the group of conference attendees on October 24th, there is a fee of $100 per person. Details to be announced...
- Describe the stages of development of a child and adolescent case.
- Discuss several typical difficult issues that present themselves during the course of a child or adolescent treatment.
- Detail how a therapeutic alliance is developed and maintained with parents during the course of a child or adolescent psychoanalysis.
- Explain how the child psychoanalyst uses the symbolism of play as communication from the child and as a basis for formulating interpretations.
- Describe the adjustment in technique that are appropriate when working with children and adolescents from different cultural groups
- Describe adjustments in technique when working with parents of different cultural groups.